All that is Dawnrie!
You don’t have enough badges to hit me!
This post has been featured on a 1000notes.com blog.
Sailor Moon Cosplay:
Just a walk down memory lane going through some old stuff I did with some of my girls. This was the very first official photoshoot the Cosplay Muffins did probably back in 2005. I remember we had lots of fun on this shoot, and ended the day with some Panera. Good times.
I miss being able to do cosplay shoots like this, but unfortunately, we’re all a little bit older now, and just don’t have as much time as we used to. Some of us are married, getting married, or just have a naturally busy life with school, work, and all that.
But when I’m a little bummed, I like to come back to these photoshoots because they just make me smile. I feel very lucky to know such wonderfully talented girls like these, among the other Muffins. <3
(Source: rampaigehalseyface, via sailormoonartzine)
So let me tell you about the shittiest parent on the motherfucking planet.
I work at a grocery store and this man comes in with his 11 year old son. He buys a pack a cigarettes and a two cases of beer. The son was holding a two dollar drawing pad and placed it on the belt and I guess the dad didn’t notice it at first but when I was about to scan the pad he asked where’d it have come from and turned towards the kid and asked “Did you put that shit up there?”. He told me to put it back and then told his 11 year old child that he “ain’t paying for that gay ass notebook.”. So I looked at the kid, who was close to tears and saying how he ran out of paper at home and my heart broke. So I gave the pad to him, for free, and told the dad I would take care of it. I gave the kid some tokens for a game outside and said I would look forward to buying some of his drawings and paintings when he’s all famous. He kids face was so priceless and I thought everything was good. But then, about 10 ten minutes after giving the kid his notebook, I walked outside and saw this. The drawing pad all ripped up and tossed on the pavement. I could only imagine what happened in the parking lot, but I know that that poor kid heart is fucking ripped apart, just like this pad.
I’m fucking horrified that there are parents like this, who, just because it’s not masculine or gender specificthey won’t let their children follow their true passions or explore interests that lead to their happiness. Even more so, I’m horrified that parents don’t care about the fine arts anymore because it doesn’t have job security. Since when did it ever matter to a child if their passion makes them money or not? Parenting is about supporting whatever makes your child happy. Have some fucking consideration for your child’s wants not your homophobic and anti-art ideals.
this broke my heart
Mine too. What an ass. I feel so bad for that poor kid.
people like this shouldn’t have kids…if a $2 drawing pad is gonna make your kid happy and, who knows, maybe keep them from something destructive, who gives a flying shit? :-(
You know what fucking frustrates me about this? All these people going, “Oh my fucking god, worst parent ever, what a shit head, what a horrible human being, shouldn’t have kids.”
You know why this makes me so fucking angry? Because last year legislators introduced over 1,000 bills restricting women’s reproductive rights. Because a lot of families are being forced to have children that they can not afford to take care of and do not want. This person probably had to become a parent before he was ready, due to any number of reasons ranging from lack of education to lack of resources. This is the behavior of a person who begrudges his parental obligations. I’m not condoning or excusing the behavior, I’m saying it’s typical, common, and an expected result of a system that pollutes sexual health information and obstructs access to reproductive health care resources.
You want this kind of behavior to stop? Don’t sit at your keyboard feeling sanctimonious because you would never deny your child a note pad. Fight for the right to access to reproductive services. Fight for access to contraception, for men and women. Fight for better education about sexual health and resources for family planning.
Don’t sit there and talk shit about a family you don’t know based on the observation of one cashier. Maybe he would have been a great father if he had had better resources from the start. Maybe he still can be if his family has better access to resources like counseling and therapy. Maybe in ten years this little boy will have the full support of a reformed, recovered father beaming with pride watching him graduate from a top art school.
Get out of this cycle of blame and lost causes. There is no help and no service to be done by sitting there lamenting over what your own imagination has concocted as the backstory and lifestyle of this boy and this father based on a journal entry and two photos. You can feel bad for the boy and angry at the father all day but in the end you help neither unless you work to improve the society and culture that created them both.
THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS.
Yeah, it’s awful what this man is doing, and I feel bad for the little one who has to be put through this. It’s not the son’s fault and he doesn’t deserve that kind of parenting, but in order for social changes to occur, we need to start looking at the CAUSES of societal dysfunction rather than just the symptoms. It’s so easy to sit back behind a computer screen and judge the father and cry for the son without realizing that this boy’s father is a victim too.
You would be surprised just how far a little compassion for someone who doesn’t deserve it can go.
• Accidentally close a tab? Ctrl+Shift+T reopens it.
• Bananas release dopamine, eat them when you’re sad.
• CTRL+SHIFT+ESC is the one handed version of CTRL+ALT+DEL
• Don’t brush your teeth hard, it makes them sensitive and removes enamel.
• Don’t like spiders? Put citronella oil on your walls and they will not go there.
• Drink one glass of water for every alcoholic drink you have, you’ll get drunk without getting a hangover.
• Get clear ice cubes by boiling water before freezing it
• Heal paper cuts and immediately stop the pain with chapstick.
• If you accidentally write on your dry erase board with a permanent marker, scribble over it with a dry eraser marker to remove it.
• If your shoes smell, put them in the freezer overnight, it will kill the bacteria.
• Make bug bites stop itching with a banana peel.
• Make a paper longer with 12-point text, but 14-point periods and commas.
• Need to get around a blocked website at work? Try replacing the http:// with https://
• Never send your resume as a word file (unless asked) Instead, print it to a pdf file, it’s much cleaner and professional looking.
• Pick a flavor of gum you don’t normally chew, and chew it while studying during a test.
• Place a piece of bread in a container with your homemade cookies and they will stay soft.
• Put a dry towel into a dryer with wet clothes, they will dry faster.
• Put toothpaste on a pimple and it will dry out.
• Practise fake smiling in the mirror every day before going to work/school, you’ll genuinely start to feel happier.
• Rub canola/olive oil on knives before cutting onions, you won’t cry, alternatively chew gum and you won’t either.
• Short on time with a wrinkled dress shirt? Hang it up in the bathroom to steam it flat.
• The night before, place things you don’t want to forget the next morning on top of your shoes.
• Use hydrogen peroxide to remove blood stains from clothing.
• When cleaning windows use newspapers or coffee filters instead of paper towels, they will not leave streaks.
• When microwaving bread products/pizza put a glass of water in with it, it will keep your bread for going spongy.
• When you move into a new place you’re renting, take pictures of any and all damage, then post them on facebook (privately if preferred) so you can use the reference date as proof you didn’t do it.
• When searching plane tickets online delete your cookies prior, prices go up when you visit a site multiple times.
Dior- Princess Serenity’s dress
THIS JUST BLOWS MY FUCKING MIND EVERY TIME
A sketch that ended up not being used for the Alcon fundraiser, but I loved it so much I chose to finish it. It was a job coloring job, but I still really like it ^_^
I’m very jealous of May’s voice. I wish mine could be just as awesome! XD
Original Link: http://dawnrie.deviantart.com/art/PB-LAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-369165511?q=gallery%3Adawnrie&qo=0
Two different versions of ‘Crazy Misty’ I did for Nowacking and 1Kidsentertainment.
I honestly love both of them, and I figured I’d post both of them instead of just one. :3
Original link: http://dawnrie.deviantart.com/art/PB-Crazy-Misty2-369149634?q=gallery%3Adawnrie&qo=1
Forget about Planking! Hadoukening and Vadering seems to be the next big thing on the internet! I love it :D
Sometimes the internet is the right kind of weird.
Random Sketches I do, and everything else I feel like sharing :)